Friday, October 23, 2009

Sonnet 116


 Let me not to the marriage of true minds  admit impediments.
Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds
Or bends when the mover moves.

Oh no! It is an ever fixed mark that looks on tempests but is never shaken.
It is the star to every wondering bark whose worth's unknown although it's heights be taken.

Love's not time's fool though rosy lips and cheeks within his bending sickles compass come.
Love alters not with it's brief hours and weeks
but bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ nor no man ever loved.

- William Shakespeare -

(It's a school assignment and we had to memorize it. I tried it today and what do you know, I can still remember every word after all these years LOL.)

No comments:

Post a Comment